Saturday, August 25, 2007

Reasons Why I Love Ravelry, #2

#2: The people on Ravelry have a sense of humor.

I posted about my first sock in the Fearless Knitters group (quick ad: On Ravelry? Want to move beyond garter stitch scarves? Need some support to get over knitting fears? Join us!) and got a fabulous response:


You are knitting socks without having taken a class?

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE THAT DO THIS?

You Fearless Knitters are freaking AMAZING!

So far I've cursed her, the yarn, the needles, DPNs in general, k1p1, the pattern, the sock itself, my digital camera (which stopped working again, so no yarn or WIP pictures) - everything except me

That is a post of A Knitter On The Edge! Luckily, I think you're A Knitter On The Edge of getting it.

Yes - when you wrestle socks down into a subservient position? You curse the pattern, the person who talked you into finally knitting socks (CURSE THEM!) Question your sock yarn choice . . . DPNs? Who originally made this horrific knitting choice? Times four or five needles? (Or times Two Circs if you 'know people'). Mmmm. You haven't mentioned 'turning the heel'. Is everything Okay?

I dunno if you're knitting top down or tow up, but regardless. CURSE SOCKS TO THEIR CORE!

Alls I can say is? When you wrestle a sock down . . . it's a knitting high. The construction of a sock is intoxicating.

Shakes head to clear . . . oh, wait. I'm talking about A SOCK!

How you people are knitting socks without Mentors?

I'm in awe of all y'all Fearless Knitters.



How do you not love that?!

No comments: